So, what to do if you find yourself with such a throat? Try these remedies:
- Rest. Start with the basics. Rest your voice and body. Sleep is an important part of getting rid of your sore throat.
- Gargle. Use warm salt water to soothe your throat. Gargling with salt water helps reduce swelling.
- Drink. Sip peppermint or green tea with honey and lemon. Drinking the warm liquid keeps you hydrated, which is important to soothing a dry and scratchy throat.
- Eat. Consume warm soup, such as chicken noodle or hot and sour. Soup is soothing to your throat, keeps you hydrated and thins mucus. Grandma knew what she was talking about.
- Use herbal formulations. Licorice root soothes throat tissues. Echinacea angustifolia supports a healthy immune system. Both Licorice root and Echinacea angustifolia are found in Singer’s Saving Grace®.