This last year has been an eye-opener. In good times, we need to take care of ourselves. During a year like last year, it’s imperative that we do what we can to support our mental and physical health.
Here are some tips that we recommend:
- De-stress. Reach out to someone you trust to talk about life’s challenges. Talking about your feelings and fears can help you understand, if not alleviate, your stress. Turn to a trusted friend, clergy member or therapist. Keeping it all inside isn’t helpful or healthy.
- Stop smoking. If you smoke or vape (anything), it’s time to quit. There are many ways to safely stop. Look into them.
- Get back in the saddle. Staying on an exercise plan over the last year or so was difficult for many of us. Start back up slowly. Don’t forget to add upper body strengthening activities and stretching. One more thing to consider. Exercising outside has additional health benefits, from getting vitamin D from the sun to inhaling cleaner air.
- Improve your sleep hygiene. Sleeping is vital for our health. Improve your sleep hygiene and your sleep should improve too. Turn off the computer and television at least an hour before bedtime and journal to get your thoughts out of your head and onto paper.
- Visit your doctor. Scheduling time with your doctor is key to staying on top of your health, especially since many of us couldn’t see one until recently.
- Use herbal formulations. Choosing the right herbs for your health concerns is key. Passionflower helps to quiet an overactive mind. You’ll find it in Stress ReLeaf®, Smoke Free® and Deep Sleep®. American Ginseng root promotes energy and stamina levels and is found in Vibrant Energy™.
What else can you do to get some quick health promoting ideas?
Read this past post, “Here’s How Men Can Support Their Health”. You’ll find a lot of evergreen tips.